The Fashion Staples: #3 The Winter Coat


On those crisp winter days, when a simple jacket isn't enough, this fashion staple is an essential. There is a sense of excitement when you rifle through your wardrobe and pull out your winter coat. I don't know if it's just me and my love for winter fashion, but there is something special about a winter coat. This is a staple that I believe everyone needs to invest in.




Buying a winter coat can be difficult when considering the longevity of the piece. My approach to this fashion staple is to invest in a classic that will last the test of time. Purchasing a classic will increase the versatility of the staple and by doing this, you are ensured that your winter coat will stay in your wardrobe for years.


My favourite way to wear a winter coat during the day is to wear a plain top with either a pair of jeans or black pants and tie it all off with cute flats. Dial down the accessories and keep the hair/makeup simple to maintain a casual look.


The beautiful thing about this staple is that you can dress it up with a lacy top, some black pants and a pair of heels. It can be difficult to dress up a winter coat but I like to approach it in a way that focuses on the hair and accessories. 





Leave a comment letting me know what fashion staple you would like to see next?

Love, Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment