My Top 3 Cookbooks

I don’t always follow recipes when I cook. Most of the time I just draw inspiration from books, videos and photos. Experimenting in the kitchen is one of my favourite things to do; however there is always the risk that it won’t turn out well. I find recipes best when I’m having an off day and need some reassurance that what I cook will end up the way it’s supposed to. I have collected quite a few cookbooks over the years, with the intent to draw inspiration and try out new flavors. Below I’ve listed my top three cookbooks in my collection.

Georgie Porgie by George Calombaris

This cookbook is perfect for homey comfort food cooking. While there are a few recipes that look quite intimidating, they are easy to follow and always turn out delicious. A lot of George’s recipes are based on his Greek heritage and the recipes his family passed down to him.

Favourite recipes:
Recipes I can’t wait to try:
- Raspberry ice cream
- Yogurt and lemon syrup cake
- Crème Brulee
- Flatbread filled with feta and mint
- Alexandrian felafels
- Chocolate rice pudding

Jamie’s 30-Minute Meals by Jamie Oliver

I grew up watching Jamie Oliver’s cooking shows and reading his cookbooks like novels. Needless to say, at least one of his books had to end up in my top three. The thing I love about his 30-minute cookbook, is that there are a wide range of recipes inspired from different parts of the world, with a few cheats to get the job done quicker.

Favourite recipes:
Recipes I can’t wait to try:
- Tray-baked chicken
- Silky chocolate ganache
- Vanilla ice cream float
- Summer veg lasagna
- Green curry
- Quick Portuguese tarts

Superfoods Cookbook by Michelle Bridges

I picked up Michelle’s cookbook with the intent to eat cleaner. Not only does this cookbook have great recipes, but it also  includes weekly meal planners, shopping lists and snack ideas. There are quite a few innovative recipes, so your not just stuck with salads. Overall, it’s a great cookbook to motivate a healthy lifestyle.

Favourite recipes:
Recipes I can’t wait to try:
- Sweet quinoa tabouleh
- Spicy mushrooms on cheesy toast
- Moroccan eggs
- Prawn, chickpea and fennel soup
- Kale frittata
- Barley and mushroom risotto


I’d love to get your cookbook recommendations. Leave me a comment below letting me know.

Love, Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment