My 2017 Booklist

Books, where do I begin? Books have been a very reliable companion of mine over the years. I don’t think I’m the first person to say that I tend to live vicariously through the main characters of the books I’m reading. What can I say? My life, up to this moment, has been what most would call “average”. I’ve been through my years of education, I’ve pushed through countless jobs, finished a degree and am currently carrying out a very mundane life. That’s not to say I’m not proud of my achievements, or that an average life is bad, it’s just so… predictable. In saying this, I have encountered my fair share of quests, defeated countless villains, casually saved the world on various occasions and bumped into many handsome young men… it just so happens that this has all taken place in the pages of books.

I’m thankful, I really am, to have these dreamy works of fiction that have been so carefully written, reviewed, published and printed… and then they’re neatly stacked on long stretches of bookshelves- all for me! 

Needless to say, I have read my fair share of books and I don’t plan on stopping any time soon. I can’t wait for the new books that are going to be released in 2017, but for now I’m excited to get stuck into these:

. One Day by David Nicholls
. You had me at Hello by Mhairi McFarlane
. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
. Disruption by Jessica Shervington
. the Last Letter from your Lover by Jojo Moyes
. Lady Midnight by Cassandra Claire
. The Christmasaurus by Tom Fletcher











Have you read any of these books? If so, I’d love to know what you thought! No spoilers please.

Also, do you have any book recommendations? If so, please leave them in the comments.

Happy reading!

Love, Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment