The Fashion Staples: #2 The Quirky Number


My favourite thing about fashion is the allowance for pieces like these to exist in your wardrobe. This butterfly print shirt is a definite staple in my wardrobe as it not only makes a fashion statement but allows you to express a little bit more of your creativity in your style.



For this staple, I think we need to expand on this idea of a ‘fashion risk’ and pieces like this, which are a little quirky. Due to the nature of this staple, this particular item sat in my wardrobe for about a year before I was brave enough to wear it beyond the four walls of my bedroom. However, one of my favourite things about fashion is the ability to take these ‘fashion risks’ and have a fun piece to add to your wardrobe collection.


With any shirt that ends in a simple hem I always like to tuck it into a pair of high waisted black trousers. This creates a more flattering finish to a shirt whilst also complimenting the figure. I also like to keep the accessories to a minimal so that the main focus of the outfit is on the staple itself.


Let us know what your quirky fashion number is in the comments.

Love, Maria


No comments:

Post a Comment